Tuesday 28 April 2015

Sunday (shorter than normal) long run - 24km

Strict instructions from coach Sean Williams this morning to keep it between 22-24km, at a much easier pace than I usually would complete my long run at. To be honest, that's probably all I could have managed today anyway - I've really had a great solid three weeks of solid hard training, and I feel that I am on the threshold between over-reaching and over-training, and am desperate to avoid the latter. Nevertheless, got through the run - didn't feel great, just wanted it to end really. The cold and miserable morning probably didn't contribute much to the lack of motivation or will power this morning. All up, another solid week completed of just shy of 130km. Now ready for a much needed recovery week with the lead up to the Sydney 10 next Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment