Sunday 12 April 2015

Sunday long run

Definitely felt a bit flat this morning following yesterday's race! To make matters worse, my right foot was having none of it, protesting as it does via sending pain signals to my brain with every step upon getting out of bed. In fact, the right foot was double the size of my left due to its stubborn swelling. Nevertheless, putting on the shoes once again eased the discomfort somewhat, so I strolled out leisurely for the long run. Once again, the pain subsided at around the 5km mark (warming up is a great sign), so I continued steadily for the next 25km - coming home in 2:02 hours holding just over 4:00 min/km for the entire 30km. Faster than anticipated, but nonetheless great to get it done. Now to find a pub in Manly that will televise the Chinese Formula 1 Grand Prix!

No comments:

Post a Comment