Tuesday 7 April 2015

Sunday long run - 30km solo

I really needed a solo long run to come to terms with the disappointment of the previous day's race. I'm fact, I actually went for a 40 minute run Saturday afternoon (which may not be good advise for those reading - but it was great for my head space). No GPS today, which is typical for me on a Sunday - especially as I know all the distances off the back of my head. Ran from South Curl Curl to Turrimetta headland (the southern end of Warriewood Beach), returning straight into a headwind for the next 15km all the way to Shelley Beach, finishing the last 4km back to South Curl Curl with a nice tailwind. It was a beautiful morning, especially after the gloomy previous two days - and made even more so by the fact that we all wound our clocks back an hour with daylight savings ending. This is fantastic for all us early risers, as we now get our mornings back (well, at least for a month or two anyway).

No comments:

Post a Comment