Saturday 30 May 2015

Saturday morning - 6km Time Trial at Centennial Park

Back with the squad for my favourite session of the week! It was that time of the month for the dreaded 6km time trial. I had actually managed to avoid this specific session since January, as it managed to fall on the same day as the Sydney Striders monthly 10km race from February onwards. I actually felt flat during the warm-up - the two solid weeks of continuous training since the SMH half had really taken its toll. Nevertheless, I pushed through the strides and made sure I was warmed up and raring to go. To my surprise, I got around in a great time (for me) of 19:12, averaging 3:11min/km pace. Funnily enough, I got through the 5km mark at 15:52, and was tempted to stop as this was a new personal best for me over the shorter distance. It was again good to have both Keith and Matt to chase this morning, although I was only really super close for the first half of the first of 6 laps. A steady 4km cool down with a few of the others rounded off a nice morning, and a great way to kick off the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment