Sunday 24 May 2015

Sunday long run (30km)

Back to a proper long run today after a few weeks of modified versions following a few key races. 30km felt longer than usual - it's amazing how quickly you adjust to a shortened 24km. Nevertheless, I used the opportunity to get out there and constantly think about my technique for the entire duration. In all honesty, the effort felt easier than usual. This was quite surprising, as I got back in just shy of two hours. Previously when I have pushed the long run quite a bit harder, I've gotten in about two to three minutes slower than this - so something positive is definitively happening. Ran past the start line of the Manly Scenic Fun Run - it didn't really look like many starters were taking the line compared to previous years. Looking forward to putting my feet up today - no clients, no PhD submissions, and best of all - the Monaco Grand Prix (and yes, Channel 10 are broadcasting it live)!

No comments:

Post a Comment