Tuesday 19 May 2015

Tuesday morning session - Mona Fartlek

No holding back - straight back into it! Was somewhat indecisive as to whether or not a Mona Fartlek session would be a good idea 2 days after a half marathon, but convinced myself to just run on feel, ignoring the watch (until the conclusion of the session of course). I probably noticed some residual fatigue by the back half of the session, but nevertheless completed the 20 minute session setting a new personal record of 6.14km - 20 meters further than the massive record I set last week! Averaged 3:15 min/km, so very satisfied and somewhat surprised. Proceeded to cool down over the 8km run back to North Steyne, averaging 4:03 min/km - again, not meaning to hold this pace, it just felt comfortable! Decided against traveling down to Launceston in 4 weeks for the Launceston 10. Instead I will now focus my attention towards the Gold Coast Half Marathon on July 5, followed a week later by the Sydney Harbour 10km (arguably the fastest and flattest - and debatably shortest - 10km road course out there - although this didn't seem to help me one bit last year)!

No comments:

Post a Comment