Monday 5 February 2018

Monday - 15km

Stunning conditions out there this morning, although I have come home sweating everywhere? The days are definitely getting shorter, which is good as a runner, but otherwise very depressing for all other aspects of my daily life! A cool westerly kept the temperatures down to a comfortable 17 degrees, although the famous ‘h’ word was still working it’s magic to some degree. My Monday’s are never the greatest, more to do with the fact that it’s the start of the week (longest possible time until the weekend) and my legs have a weekend’s worth of speedwork and a long run in them. Out along the Shelly-Fairlight loop this morning, seeing my good friend Luke coming out of the water with the B&B swimmers (I’m glad I turned down his offer to join him, the man can swim and swim fast). Got back home in 55:04 (3:40’s), quite respectable for a Monday morning. It’s amazing how much nicer it is running in this weather. As I said the other day, bring on Autumn (but retain summer’s hours of daylight).

No comments:

Post a Comment