Thursday 22 February 2018

Thursday - 5 x 2 laps (1300m) (off 3’) (+ 200m, 150m, 100m, 2 x 80m, 2 x 60m)

Out for my second interval session this morning, and this was quite a big step up from last week’s. Decided to go to Passmore Reserve for these for two reasons - firstly, the GPS was inconsistent last week (and I’m quite OCD), so knowing that each lap of Passmore is 650m, some two lap efforts seemed quite logical. And secondly, the setting up for the Surfing Festival meant the beachfront would have been a nightmare. Another bonus is that it is nice and quite at Passmore. After a short three kilometer warmup, I got stuck into it. Similar to last week, I needed to be slightly conservative as I haven’t done a session like this in a long while. Overall, I was ver consistent once again, finishing with 4:16, 4:13, 4:15, 4:14, and 4:15. Quite happy with that. I’ve still got a fair bit of speed to come, but it’s nice to simply set a benchmark which I can continue to work towards improving on. A long 6.5km cooldown back along the beachfront before finishing off with some sprints. Rest day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment