Sunday 25 February 2018

Sunday - 30km

Feeling quite a bit better this morning, pity that the conditions were not ideal (as I so often whinge about these days). Extremely humid and windy, equaling arguably the worst combination. I decided to run a lap of the lake this morning, I just needed the psychological break from the hilly coastal route. I kept the pace firm but controlled, not really ever going beyond the comfort zone throughout. I was drenched by the time I reached the caravan park at Narrabeen before turning straight into the southwesterly headwind. This was bitter sweet, as the wind was so nice and somewhat cooling, but a headwind is still a headwind. I managed to get held up on almost every second traffic light on the way home (oh well, this happens from time to time), but just held the pace and brought it home in 2:01:31 (4:30’s). Nothing spectacular, but probably better than I am giving myself credit for given the conditions. At least it is the last long run I’ll do this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment