Sunday 18 February 2018

Sunday - 30km

I was in a deep sleep when my alarm woke me this morning. It took a while to get going -  a luxury I can afford on a Sunday, and once I was out I was feeling yesterday’s run right from the start. It was humid (once again), with barely any breeze - not very kind for a long 30km run. Stuck to my (now) traditional coastal route, from my place at North a Steyne to Shelly Beach, then straight up to Turrimetta Headland before coming home. The last ten kilometers were quite tough, as the dehydration and heat were really starting to take their toll. Managed to hang in there though (as you do), getting back home in a quite swift 2:03:10 (4:06’s), a solid time in those conditions. No wonder it felt tougher than last week! Time for the ocean!

No comments:

Post a Comment