Tuesday 27 February 2018

Tuesday - 15km

An absolute stunning morning to be back out there running. I decided to take another day off yesterday as a precautionary measure, as my performance had stagnated and even dropped slightly over the last few weeks. I wasn’t feeling great either, so that along with yesterday’s torrential downpour, it was a no-brainer really. I was still a bit apprehensive this morning, as so often is the case after taking an unplanned rest day. Kept the intensity slightly more conservative than usual, really ensuring that I wasn’t going to just dig myself into another hole. Up to North Head, and although the intensity wasn’t as high as usual, I felt remarkably powerful and springy. I couldn’t believe that I could still hear the surfing commentary from Bower St (I can hear it load an clear from my place, which is not surprising as I’m right across the road from it). Got home in a very solid 55:15 (3:41’s), much quicker than I was expecting (I was thinking at the very least a minute slower). Probably a combination of being fresher than usual, and the weather - probably more the latter. Anyway, I’m really happy with that, and it gives me a little boost of confidence moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment