Thursday 8 February 2018

Thursday - 15km (+ 200m, 150m, 100m, 2 x 80m, 2 x 60m)

I was pretty exhausted this morning, it took a lot of motivation to even get out of bed and do up my shoelaces this morning. I’m on the final stretch of this current block of training (four week cycle), so if can manage to pull through today, Saturday and Sunday unscathed, then I’ll be satisfied with having an extra rest day next week (likely Monday). Nevertheless, I finally got out there and ran up to North Head. It was quite warm, and kept on getting warmer as the run progressed. Just told myself to simply go through the motions and get it ticked off. That I did, finishing in a not to fast, not too slow time of 56:03 (3:44’s). Finished with some sprints in between a chat with Justin. Similar to today, I’m not expecting much performance wise this weekend, just want to get through it and embrace the extra day’s rest on the other side before starting my next block with some weekly intervals. Kind of looking forward to that, as I’m getting a bit bored with these weekday 15km runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment