Saturday 17 February 2018

Saturday - 20 minute threshold (+ 2 x 20 sec, 6 x 10 sec hill sprints)

I wasn’t really feeling it at all this morning. I was very tempted to just go and run the Manly to Spit and return instead. I decided against it, and stuck with the initial plan. Got going and convinced myself to simply run it on feel (as I do every week anyway), and not worry about the pace or time/distance at the end. With that respect, it was arguably the most comfortable Saturday threshold run that I’ve done. The conditions were middle of the road - not too hot or humid, but a bit a breeze to slow things down fractionally. Started feeling it in the final five minutes (again, as I usually do). Finished with 5.95km (3:22’s), pretty much consistent with where I am at this very point in time. I’m sure that the pace and distance will improve, the key is to simply keep consistent and I’m sure it fill follow (especially as we move into autumn). A nice long cooldown back home, appreciating some solid surf on the way. Finished off with the usual hill sprints. Now to enjoy the rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment