Sunday 4 February 2018

Sunday - 30km

Finally some nice weather for a Sunday long run - it’s been a while! No major lingering soreness either from yesterday’s run, which was a bonus. Nevertheless, I kept the pace quite comfortable this morning - it definitely felt easier than the past few weeks. Up and down along the coast, the hills (hopefully) making me stronger along the way (that’s what I tell myself anyway to end the misery). I experienced four seasons in the final 8km. At Long Reef, it suddenly felt like summer again - hot with the sun bearing down and stinging. The by Dee Why, it was raining (sprinkling more like it). Then once I was over Dee Why Headland, I had a strong headwind to contend with for the final 4km! Don’t know where that came from? Anyway, got back home in 2:03:11 (4:05’s), pretty much exactly what I wanted and need. Now to enjoy the rest of the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment