Tuesday 20 February 2018

Tuesday - 15km

Today I traded the heat and humidity for a massive southerly (with a small bit of humidity left over, just for fun)! Despite having to work harder just to go slower, it was a good trade off. Up to North Head today, and I was flying for the initial 500m running northbound towards Queenscliff. I knew that it was too good to be true, and right I was. Heading south towards Manly LSC was tough, but I wasn’t prepared for what I was going to tackle up at North Head. It was quite brutal up there, deteriorating the further south I went. That last bit before Fairfax Loop where it is exposed and you can see South Head was full-on. The good news was that I knew that once I turned around, not only would I be over halfway through the run, but it was going to be downhill with a nice tailwind. But, as is always the case, you never gain in a tailwind what you lose in a headwind. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the run back. Apart from having to detour and dodge the construction workers setting up for the Surfing Festival (yes, the infrastructure still looks excessive despite the fact that the whole event has been watered down somewhat), I felt really good and strong. It's just unfortunate that the conditions didn’t allow me to show that, finishing in 56:10 (3:45’s). The time doesn’t matter, it was a solid run and I’m quite happy with it. Definitely no swim today.

No comments:

Post a Comment