Wednesday 28 February 2018

Wednesday - 15km

Today was even better again! Amazing conditions to start with, although the coolness in the air all but disappeared once the sun came up (although along the harbour was still good as the sun hadn’t completely covered this part of the run yet). With beautiful conditions comes crowds of people, one of which who I collided with. This was despite moving over to the left and waving my hands to suggest that they leave a little bit of room as they were walking three abreast straight towards me. They ignored me, and the inevitable happened. A bit of abuse and some profanities from them wasn’t enough to stop me, so I just simply shook my head and kept going. Out to Shelly and then to Fairlight before returning. Upon return I saw the same three women, with one of them walking all the way over to me (yes, she was definitely not keeping to the left like all the signs suggest to) and had another go at me. Clearly not locals! Anyway, got back home in one of my fastest times ever of 53:48 (3:35’s)! Again, the weather and fresher legs no doubt contributed, but hopefully it is a sign that I’m getting fitter and faster. Looks like it is going to be a stunning day out there for the last one of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment