Saturday 24 November 2018

Saturday - 10’ effort (off 5’ jog), 8 x 1’ on / 1’ off

I forgot how tough this session is! Even more so with a massive southwesterly which really made times/splits irrelevant in a morning like this. The 10’ effort was tough! I had my heart set on going over 3 km but just fell short finishing with 2.98 km (3:21’s). I’m almost certain that I would have gone further in normal conditions. Following the 5 minute jog it was straight into some one minute efforts. The rest was a bit more generous in these, working off a 1:1 ratio. Likewise, the odds were into the wind, the evens with the wind, and the distances reflect this. 320 m, 330 m, 310 m, 320 m, 310 m, 320 m, 300 m, and 330 m (finished strong). Pretty knackered now though! An easy 6 km jog back home via Shelly Beach for a solid 17 km all up. Looking forward to the next speed session like this in two weeks to see how much I can improve.

No comments:

Post a Comment