Thursday 15 November 2018

Thursday - 16 km with middle 20’ at threshold

Thursday means threshold run, and I was greeted with a stunning sunrise on what was initially a cool morning. On the first lap you could see the cloud and southerly change on its way hanging over the CBD and South Head. By the second lap (when I start the effort), the sun had gone and the wind was increasing. I actually felt much better once I began the effort, feeling strong and controlled. I just kept it below that red line for the remainder, ignoring the headwind in final kilometer as best as I could. Got out 5.89 km holding 3:24’s at 167 bpm (although I think the distance was slightly greater, as I finished further up the road than usual). Nevertheless, it was a good solid run, and as always, I’m happy to get it done and looking forward to a sleep in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment