Tuesday 27 November 2018

Tuesday - 5 x 1 mile (off 2’)

Another change up for the Tuesday session again this morning, this time progressing the 1 km reps to 1 mile reps. Psychologically, this is perhaps easier, as despite each rep being 600 m longer, doing three less, plus an extra minute of rest between reps makes the session less intimidating (despite being the exact same distance). I was joined by Ben and Ian, and we set out in the bike lane from Manly LSC at 5:45 am. As always, I tried to pace the session accordingly, feeling like I was really holding back for the first three reps or so. I was thankful for this, as it means the final two reps are slightly more enjoyable (which is not very). I was pretty consistent, running 5:15, 5:14, 5:19, 5:19 and 5:26 (averaging 5:18.6, or 3:19’s). So I finally managed to get under that 3:20 pace average that I’ve been aiming for for the past 6 weeks or so. Happy with that, and I certainly didn’t kill myself in the process. Ben had a solid run as well. A nice and easy cool-down to Shelly Beach and back for just over 17 km all up. Really happy that I’m finally starting to see some progression over the past week - let’s hope I can continue down this path.

No comments:

Post a Comment