Saturday 17 November 2018

Saturday - 10 x 400 m hills (quick jog recovery)

The highlight of my run was during the cool-down, but I’ll get to that shortly. I went back to an old session from Ken Green this morning - 10 x 400 m hills with a quick jog recovery (i.e. pretty much an 8 km hilly tempo). I forgot how tough this was. It’s very different to the longer hill reps that I’ve been doing recently. While the actual long reps arguably hurt more, the shorter hills are more consistent in their delivery of pain (this is clearly reflected in the heart rate data). Got through it (which was the primary goal this morning) in 31:22. Well off my best, but definitely not my worse. At least it set a baseline, and I plan to do this every second Saturday moving forward. Back to the cool-down, I decided to take a detour around Little Manly, and as I went to the point, I came across a young man down on one knee proposing to his (now fiancé) girlfriend. I hope I didn’t ruin the moment, but she said ‘yes’ and I congratulated them both. We all had a laugh. 17 km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment