Saturday 10 November 2018

Saturday - Parkrun

A change in plans today due to a much needed psychological break from hill reps. I heard that a few of the Manly Hardcore were doing Parkrun, so thought a change would do me a world of good. I met Ben at the pool for a long and easy warm-up of 6 km. A really solid turnout at Curl Curl once again. I was happy to spot Andy Heyden early on, meaning I’d have someone to work with. I had no idea what to expect, so decided to play it safe and simply hung in his shadow for the first 2 km or so. The pace felt extremely comfortable, so I did a bit of work for the notorious third kilometer. Running up the hill, I could sense a very small gap opening. Knowing that my weakness at the moment is my outright speed, I knew that the only chance I had of getting across the line first was to make a break well before the finish line. That I did, and it worked! I got across the line in 16:45 (3:21’s), with only the final mile really hurting. Andy finished second in 16:53. Solid runs by Emma (sub-18) and Erika (18:4x). Great to see my good mate Jeremy Kent (aka Peter Hardcastle) make a guest appearance all the way from Albury. An easy run home for 17 km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment