Thursday 22 November 2018

Thursday - 16 km with middle 20’ at threshold

I had a massive breakthrough in today’s run, which I guess is somewhat overdue. I woke up feeling great (like yesterday), which was confirmed with a resting heart rate of 33 bpm and a great HRV score. Nice conditions with a slightly warm northwesterly wind was a welcome change after a string of ordinary weather during this weekly run. Like always, I had to hold back during the 20 minute effort a number of times as the heart rate wanted to creep slightly too high. Other than that, it felt really strong and controlled. Got out 5.97 km holding 3:21’s at 167 bpm. I’m really surprised with that - so much so that I had to check that the watch was actually working. Perhaps the patience and consistency is starting to pay off a bit, along with the introduction of some strength training. Whatever it is, I am incredibly thankful for it and I’ll continue doing what I’m doing. Finished the remaining distance to get out the usual 16 km. Looking forward to a rest day (and a wedding to attend) tomorrow, followed by an old school speed session on Saturday that I haven’t done since 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment