Wednesday 28 November 2018

Wednesday - 20km recovery + strides

Finally, the Bureau of Meteorology got it right! It was blowing a gale, pouring rain, and an electrical storm. The latter made me delay the run by about half an hour - I’m crazy, but not that crazy! In doing so, I missed the opportunity to run with Ben, Erika, Emma and Jamie. I figured that the wind was worse along the coast, so ran to Nolan’s and ran a few laps of that with Passmore thrown in. This got me to about 8 km before it absolutely poured down again - the drainage is terrible along here, enough so that it forced me back along the beachfront. Then it was the Shelly-Fairlight loop, getting a few more downpours along the way. Got back to North Steyne SLSC in 4:37’s at 120 bpm. Then it went made once again as I did my strides. Stoked to be back home now in one piece. Looks like I’ll be staying at home today after reading the traffic reports!

No comments:

Post a Comment