Saturday 19 January 2019

Saturday - 10’ effort (off 5’ jog), 8 x 1’ on / 1’ off

It was slightly cooler than expected, which was a bonus. I actually welcomed the light to moderate southerly wind - it was much appreciated after the past few days. Up to North Head for a solo speed session. The 10 minute effort was hard (as I knew it would be), but as is the common theme over this past fortnight, I really focused on my breathing and kept it under wraps for most of the effort. I was really happy to get out 3.07 km (3:15’s at 164 bpm, maxing out at 180 bpm), significantly faster than anything I’ve done in a long time (for the record, my best for this exact 10 minute effort is 3.22 km holding 3:06’s at my absolute peak at the end of 2015). An easy five minute jog before getting straight into the one minute efforts. Likewise, these were tough - the odds into a headwind and ever so slightly uphill. Distances were 310 m, 330 m, 300 m, 320 m, 290 m, 320 m, 290 m, and 320 m. I was pretty knackered by these, so I was just glad to get through these. Overall, a very encouraging session - much better than anticipated. A very slow cool-down back home for just over 17 km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment