Tuesday 22 January 2019

Tuesday - 5 x 1 mile (off 2’)

A great turnout for a disgustingly humid morning (otherwise stunningly beautiful conditions). Erika, Fiona, Ruth, Jody, Darren and even Macca all showing up for some 1 mile reps. They all noticed the extra 600 m when compared with the traditional 1 km reps - the upside to that is that we do less reps. I was fractionally slower than last time I did this session on Christmas Day, but overall I shouldn’t complain as Today was run in much tougher conditions so the comparison is not really valid. Splits were 5:15, 5:13, 5:23, 5:20 and 5:20 - Jody pushing me right to the end for that final rep. We all reconvened at Queenscliff SLSC for a nice and easy cool-down to Shelly Beach and return for just over 17 km all up. I’m absolutely drenched right now - time for a quick swim in the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment