Tuesday 15 January 2019

Tuesday - Mona fartlek

I was mentally not up for this at all this morning. In fact, if it wasn’t for Ben, I don’t think I would have done the session. Physically I was fine, I was just psyching myself out. But as always, once we started, it was all fine. I purposely held back a bit for the first three-quarters, something I’ve never done for this session. It certainly did help, with the session being more tolerable than usual. Within the pain, I did get to see a magnificent sunrise at about the 1 km mark. I was extremely relieved to simply get through the session based on where I was earlier, but even more stoked that I got out 5.98 km holding 3:21’s at 167 bpm (my best in a long long time, and so close to that elusive 6 km mark). I had a sense I was actually on good pace both at the halfway mark (I was further past the speed bump than usual) and at the 4.8 km mark (the finish line for Quarters), which I got to in just under 16 minutes (I did that session on New Years Day in 16:02). I caught up with Ben straight afterwards before a long cool-down up to Bower St where we ran into Justin and Darren. Very happy that I persisted with the session, and a big thanks to Ben.

No comments:

Post a Comment