Saturday 12 January 2019

Saturday - 10 x 400 m hills (quick jog recovery)

Solo this morning, which was a bit of a surprise considering how many WhatsApp messages I got from people two weeks ago saying that they’d be there for the next infamous hill repeats. Another muggy morning, but not unusual for this time of the year. I was a bit slower overall than I’d hoped for, finishing in 31:21. The positives are that the heart rate averaged 169 bpm, so it definitely wasn’t a lack of effort on my behalf. Potentially just the conditions, and perhaps going out slightly harder than usual. Oh well, I’ve had some great sessions this week (especially Tuesday), so it’s not that big a deal. Besides, it wasn’t that bad anyway. Glad to get it over and done with for another fortnight at least. A nice and slow cool-down back along the beachfront for 17 km all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment