Thursday 24 January 2019

Thursday - 16 km with middle 20’ at threshold

I struggled a bit this morning with the humidity and a moderate southerly wind. I met Ben and Sam at North Head, the former using it as an easy 8 km recovery run. Sam kept me company for the first bit, which made it more enjoyable. The effort felt fairly tough this morning. We even got some rain about two thirds of the way through it. The heart rate was creeping up, especially over the final 2 km straight into the breeze, so had to really settle the pace. Finished with 5.84 km holding 3:25’s at 169 bpm. A bit disappointed with the pace, but as I mentioned, the conditions were certainly not favourable, and the most important thing was that the effort was there as indicated by the heart rate. Cruised the remaining 5 km or so for 16 km all up. Met Sam at the end, and he too felt he struggled. I guess it was just one of those days - although they do toughen you up and make you stronger.

No comments:

Post a Comment