Saturday 20 June 2015

Saturday session - 12km threshold at Queens Park

Heading back to Queens Park was always going to offer a more challenging run, given the undulating nature of the notorious 2km loop. Today the challenge was further solidified with mud and a roped off football field, turning the session into a cross country run with a steeplechase element each lap. I must say that I thoroughly enjoyed the run, holding 3:26 min/km pace the entire duration, feeling quite hard by the last lap, but not impossible - the perfect threshold-paced effort. Harry Summers was absolutely flying, as per usual - along with Matt Hudson, who is looking as sharp as every even despite the fact that he has only returned to consistent training 4 weeks ago. I got around the course in 41:10, which I think would have had to have been my fastest effort around Queens Park, so very happy especially considering the conditions. Even happier with the fact that I managed to stay upright the entire run - there were a few close calls however. Solid 4km warm-up and 4km cool-down. Once again it was great to be back and running with the squad!

No comments:

Post a Comment