Wednesday 17 June 2015

Wednesday session - medium long run (20km)

4 laps steady of the Queenscliff to Shelly Beach and return loop. Held a steady sub-19 minute lap, comfortably under 4 min/km pace. Really focused on my breathing today, following comments from other runners on Saturday that they could hear me coming a mile away! Diaphragmatic breathing is something that I am a massive proponent of, and is something that I frequently get my clients to focus on - especially those with recurrent shoulder and neck issues. Nevertheless, it was something that I myself was unaware that I was not doing whilst running. Similarly to when I recently increased my running cadence, it takes quite a lot of conscious effort at the moment, but with dedicate practice, I am adamant that it will become automatic!

No comments:

Post a Comment