Saturday 13 June 2015

Saturday morning - 10km threshold run at Centennial Park

The original plan was to hold 3:19-3:20 min/km pace for 12km this morning. Went out at this pace, but quickly realised after about 5km or so that my GPS was not totally accurate, as it suddenly started reading the 1km loop as progressively shorter. This was obvious when coach Sean Williams was reading out my 1km splits. Got to the 8km mark at about 3:16 min/km pace, and actually only made the executive decision to stop at 10km with about 200m to go, finishing in 32:51 - which was in fact only the second time I have ever run a sub-33 10km. The good news with today's run was that it didn't feel too taxing effort wise, and I could have held this pace perhaps for the entire 12km - although I would have had to have pushed above threshold pace to achieve that, thereby defeating the purpose of the session. A lap of the white fence for a cool down with Dean Degan and Kieran Roche bought the session up to approximately 18km. Now I will start to taper for my Eithiopian meal tonight with fellow runner Michael Ho and his wife tonight! Perhaps eating lots of injera bread tonight will allow me to run like an Eithiopian tomorrow (wishful thinking)!

No comments:

Post a Comment