Tuesday 30 June 2015

Tuesday session - Mona Fartlek

The last proper session pre-Gold Coast Half Marathon. Tossing up in my head during the warm up to North Head as to whether or not I should go all out? I was actually feeling great, and remembered giving 110% during the same session in the lead up to the SMH Half Marathon six weeks earlier, and that turned out fantastic. So the decision was made! All or nothing! It was about halfway through the session that I was about to pull the pin, as I didn't really feel like I was pushing myself effort-wise and the pace felt slow (that's what change in technique will do), however, looked at my distance on the GPS at the 10 minute mark to see that I was in fact about 10m shy of where I was last week. I dug deep for the next two one minute efforts, before holding on for the last 30 and 15 second repeats, finishing with 6.16km for the 20 minute session. Didn't see that coming, but stoked nonetheless. It's always great for the confidence to get out a quick last session like that in the lead up to a big race - even more so when you are about to back up the week after for another race. Ran home for a 17km session all up. Now the taper properly begins (again, not something that I look forward to - but no doubt come Sunday I will be glad to have done so).

No comments:

Post a Comment