Saturday 27 June 2015

Saturday session - 5km TT at Centennial Park

Back with squad this morning, and after the issues with the Queens Park loop last week, we were back to the traditional flat 1km loop at Moore Park. 6km time trial was the planned session today, but a few were doing modified distances with the Gold Coast looming a week away. Mindset was for a 6km, but went out really fast (just over 3 minute km's for the first 2-3km), and decided at the start of the fourth lap to really dig deep and finish at 5, as I was on for a solid PB at that stage. Crossed the line in 15:42, which I was pretty happy with - especially given the amount of dew on the grass, making for a heavy and slower run than usual. Did a lap of the white fence and a few laps of McKay Oval for roughly a 16km session all up. I will officially start tapering from tomorrow onwards (well, Monday and Tuesday will be normal), with a 24km instead of 30km long run. I hate tapering, especially when I feel like I have hit good form again - I just want to run hard!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment