Tuesday 9 June 2015

Sydney Striders 10km North Head

Not my day today. Felt flat warming up in the cold rain. Got to the start line looking for some competition - only to realise that quite a few of the Manly guys were in fact doing North Curl Curl ParkRun this morning due to the fact that they were travelling to Tasmania next weekend for the Launceston 10. I spotted Dave Criniti and Kieran Roche - both who were beyond my level. The gun went off and I was stuck in no mans land in third, staying isolated the entire race. Averaged 3:15 min/km for the first 5km, before starting to slow down to 3:19 min/km at the end, finishing the 10.13km course in 33:39, exactly the same time as three months earlier. Disappointing, considering how much I know that I have improved since then, but some days you just don't have it. Good to see Andrew Tuckey back out there sprinting a 10km race once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment