Tuesday 2 February 2016

More rest needed

Woke up this morning simply thinking about quitting running altogether. Reluctantly got out of bed and headed out the door. Warmed up, and couldn't shake that thought. How much easier would my life be? I could go on and live a normal life. The planned session was 5 x 1200m with 400m jog. Went into it, but stopped just after 1000m into the first rep. Average pace at this stage was 3:08, but I really wasn't feeling it at all. Especially considering last week I was holding 3:09's for 4.8km on a undulating course. In retrospect, despite having an easier week a fortnight ago, I still ran 125km. Also, last Tuesday's quarters session was amazingly good, but I have honestly been subpar since. I made excuses for Thursday ('threshold' pace - it still hurt just as much as usual) and Saturday (Scott's injury, humidity, etc.), but perhaps I did come back too enthusiastically (hell, I pretty much ran a 5km PB last week on my first run back) and actually need a few days of 'complete rest' - not 'half rest' as the Kenyans call it. So the plan is - tomorrow no running, Thursday easy 10km, Friday no running. Sun Run Saturday! This exact same plan was last used leading into the Sydney10 last May, and it was there that I set my 10km PB. I doubt that will happen this weekend, but at least I will go in nice and fresh - and hopefully not feeling too sluggish!

No comments:

Post a Comment