Tuesday 23 February 2016

Struggle Street Tuesday - Quarters (am)

Was way off the pace this morning. I put it down to a combination of hear/humidity, but more likely the legs still in pain from Saturday's hills. I really did go hard on Saturday, so much so that I can still feel the legs every step when walking. Started off the first rep or two feeling strong, but then it went downhill from there. Finished in a PW of 16:00. Two positives (if I can be optimistic); I didn't quit (was tempting), and I was absolutely gone at the end (so it wasn't a lack of pushing and digging deep this morning - which is usually the case when I am overtrained - in that I cannot dig deep and push hard). Long cool-down for 17km all up. A heat wave ahead this week, so I will simply try to get through the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment