Monday 29 February 2016

Monday - 15km easy + hill strides

Saved by Mitch Dean this morning. I had turned around at Shelly Beach on my first of three boring laps when I spotted Mitch running towards North Head. I turned around and joined him. He was running his first run over 30km in nearly a year, so appreciated the company as much as I did. A former Manly local, he new all the secret trails around North Head. I had absolutely no idea how awesome it was around there, and am now keen to do some more exploring. Headed down to Collins Flat before venturing out to the start of the Manly to Spit Trail. I turned around here and headed back to Raglan St. Gary had 4x80m hill strides with a jog recovery in place of my usual 5x100m strides. It was nice doing something different. 16km all up (including the hill strides and jog recoveries), 4:36's all up. Feeling so much better than this time last week. Really looking forward to getting out there tomorrow with the Manly Run Crew crew for my first speed session with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment