Saturday 20 February 2016

Saturday Hills (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

Two months since I have done hills, and didn't I feel it! The goal today was to simply complete the session, as this is typically one where you have to fight against your instincts to complete 10 reps. Usually I'd feel the legs turn to rubber just after the halfway mark. Today it was at the start of the third rep. Was under a three minute cycle for most of the session, but by the tenth rep I was absolutely gone like I had never been before. Just lifting my leg off the ground was hard. Peripheral vision had gone. Turning around for the quick run downhill to the finish I had to actually put the brakes on, as the legs were jelly and I wasn't confident of simply staying upright! I have never been this wasted before. Completed the session in 30:26. Still some improvement to be seen, but just very happy to get it done to be honest. Despite the wind, it was still very humid. Somehow managed to shuffle back home, but the walk upstairs took ages! 17km all up. The plan is to get an easy 8km in just before lunch. Long run tomorrow, but it looks like I will be solo as the others are doing a 90 minute tempo this morning (with a last minute curry night to follow).

Easy 8km in suburbia just before lunch. Humid. 4:38's.

2 comments:

  1. Well all of a sudden now I feel soft for 'just' doing an 85 min tempo at 3:40s with the Manly crew...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, don't feel soft. 85 minutes is 65 minutes more than my tempo run on Thursday :)

      Delete