Tuesday 16 February 2016

Quarters (am) + 8km recovery (pm)

That was tough! Physically and mentally! Had to grit my teeth and convince those voices in my head telling me to stop to go away. Was convinced that I was going to have to stop just before the second rep. Just told myself 'one more rep.' Before I knew it, I was up to the fifth. Oh well, can't come this far and not finish. Head down for the last and killer rep - up hill, followed by the 200m 'float' - which in all honesty is a 600m rep. Finished - and that was the primary goal this morning! Time wasn't anything special at 15:31, but in all honesty, that's exactly where I though I would be having not done a full session in 19 days! It can only get better from here. I might even blame the westerly winds! 3:14's average pace - still an improvement from Saturday where I couldn't hold 3:20's for three minutes. Long cool-down for 17km all up. Just absolutely stoked to be back training again!!!

Doubled up with an easy recovery run around Randwick. Felt nice and relaxed, holding 4:39's.

No comments:

Post a Comment