Saturday 27 February 2016

Run Crew - 1 lap tempo, 5x500m hills, 1 lap solid

First session with Run Crew. A small turnout this morning with a lot of the faster guys competing at State Championships this weekend. Nice warm-up with the squad around the white fence, followed by a few drills. Decided to hold back this session, and to totally run within myself. Did the first lap of the white fence feeling comfortable, holding a solid 3:16 pace. Quite happy with that, as I could have definitely pushed deeper. Then it was over to the hill, where we ran 5 times up with an easy jog recovery. Again, I held back, especially for the first few. Then it was another lap. I spoke to Ben and Gary and they agreed with me holding back for this last one, trying to stay with the others behind. Felt OK again, and simply ran within myself. About 3:20-21 pace for the second lap, so not bad at all. One more lap easy with the group for a cool-down. Overall, I was very impressed with the professionalism shown by both Gary and Ben, and am really looking forward to opening a new chapter in my running pathway under their guidance. Hopefully I can avoid overtraining for good now! Just shy of 20km all up. 'No' was Gary's answer to my request of going for an easy recovery run this afternoon. No arguing with the coach!

No comments:

Post a Comment