Wednesday 13 April 2016

80 minutes easy + hill strides

It looks as if Gary is progressively returning me back to the traditional Wednesday morning medium long run. Another 5 minutes this week over the previous 75 minute Wednesday's. Joined by Erika, Justin, and Ben (Bourkey came in towards the end). Really made sure I took it easy this morning after a massive 29km of running yesterday. This involved doing a few loops here and there to ensure that I didn't pull away from the others. But the pace was actually perfect - just what I needed. Ran along the beachfront, West Esplanade, back to Shelly before returning to the lagoon and finishing at Raglan St for some hill strides. All up, 17.18km holding 4:39's. The heart rate averaged 116, but going on its track record, I am not sure whether this is reliable. It felt nice and easy though.

No comments:

Post a Comment