Sunday 10 April 2016

Sunday 90 minutes easy

Well, that's the last run of my 'recovery' week. 90 minutes, and I can honestly say I am glad it wasn't a minute longer. Felt stiff and sore walking to the pool where I met Barts and Ben. Tom joined us about 30 seconds later. It was my last chance to run with Tom and Barts before they both head to London where they are doing some sort of race over there in 14 days (never heard of it)? The first two kilometers were barely under 5 minute pace - but definitely felt harder effort wise. We progressively picked up more people as the run progressed - with Toby and Emma joining us just before Brookvale, then Tim not long after. Strict instructions were 90 minutes, so I turned just before Mactier St - but this week I had Tim and Ben to keep me company; the latter also running 90 minutes. Tim is actually running some unheard of race in Boston in 8 days, so just a short run him as well. After Mt. Dee Why I was solo, but at least it is all down hill from there on in. Picked up the lace naturally to finish the 90 minutes with 20.75km, averaging 4:20's. Might miss the ocean swim, it's slightly cool outdoors. But will definitely head up to The Emporium with the others. A nice day ahead of not much - looking forward to it. Some legend told me that I need to 'relax' - so I am going to try my best to achieve that!

1 comment: