Thursday 7 April 2016

Taper session - 41 minutes continuous (15 easy, 6 x 60/60 on/off, 15 easy)

My first proper taper week comes to an end. The good news is that I feel a million times better right now then I did before the session this morning. The shortness and sharpness of it was just what I needed. Ended up getting up later (630am), which was a massive bonus. Ran along the beachfront where there was a massive southerly. Ended up doing the first and last two efforts into the headwind, the second to fourth with a massive tailwind. Comfortably held low-to-sub 3:00 min/km pace. The 15 minutes at the end felt ridiculously easy, but to my surprise I was holding four minute kilometer pace. Perhaps a strategy to adopt in my warm-up on Saturday morning. 10.17km all up, averaging 4:02's.

No comments:

Post a Comment