Sunday 24 April 2016

Sunday long run - 2 hours

I actually wore a shirt this morning, that's how cold it was! Well, that is how cold I thought it was when I got up. Truth is that is wasn't too bad - just getting soft as I get older. I met Ben, Scott, and Darren at the pool for a 6:15am kick-off. Picked up Toby at Dee Why as per usual. Felt amazingly good this morning, which was truly surprising after the long tempo yesterday. However, at about 17km I really started to notice the legs, and energy levels took a dip. The last 30 minutes from the lake back were simply just about getting home. Could have actually pushed it harder if I really needed to, but I actually now trust my body a lot more and knew that any faster was going to serve no benefits whatsoever. Scotty and I finished with a solid 27.95km, at 4:18's. So a solid weekend of running, on top of a relatively small week in terms of mileage - but a lot of pure speed. Just under 125km for the week. Next week looks intimidating!

No comments:

Post a Comment