Saturday 2 April 2016

Saturday at Centennial - 3 x 3km (off 600m jog)

So much for avoiding Lane Cove for something easier in preparation for Canberra 10km next Saturday! As usual, Gary announced the session about 30 seconds before we started. He pointed out everyone who was racing either the half or 10km next Saturday and told them the run 2 reps this morning. However, he looked at me and said 'I don't like the Canberra course, it's rubbish! So three reps for you!' Haha, I don't disagree with him - Canberra is not somewhere to go in order to run PB's; it's hilly, windy, and tough. So 3 x laps of the white fence (3km of it), with the remaining 600m as a 'slower than 5 minute kilometer pace jog' between. Probably did the first two efforts too quick - averaged 3:10's (which I was stoked with) and 3:13's (which I was still stoked with) for the first two reps. Paid for this on the third rep, with Hamish coming past me about halfway through. Still managed to hold a half respectable 3:19 pace for the third rep, so not too bad at all. I must say that my stamina is definitely improving under Gary - which has always been my Achilles heel, especially at 5-10km pace (half is ok). Averaged 3:30 for the 10.8km (including the 600m jogs). A nice easy 5km cool-down (another lap of the white fence) for 20km all up. Now for a well earned recovery week starting tomorrow with a 70 minute 'long run.' Not usually a fan of recovery weeks, but I now know that they are essential to getting faster!

No comments:

Post a Comment