Sunday 3 April 2016

Sunday recovery - 70 minutes

The start of my first proper recovery week. Not used to these, and deep down I am not a fan. But being a realist, not implementing these in the past has been my big downfall. Anyhow, decided to still meet up with the Sunday crew - and it was a huge turnout today. It got to 12 (including myself) at one point. Tom, Macca, Scott, Barts, Jamie, Tim, Toby, Erika, Lucy, Darren and Craig! Was keen for a chat with most people, so had to do the rounds quickly as I was only with them for the first 35 minutes. This got me to Long Reef Golf Course. Turned around and ran solo back home. Pushed the pace ever so slightly (low to sub-4's), nothing to strenuous by any means. Got back to North Steyne SLSC for 16.56km. 4:14's average. Feel extremely guilty for completing such a short run (especially with Tom and Barts running 38km), but that is what Gary has written on the program. Another very short tomorrow as well. Didn't manage to get back dry, a sudden downpour for the last kilometer!

1 comment:

  1. The biggest benefit I've gotten from joining Gary has been guidance on a proper taper.

    ReplyDelete