Saturday 29 July 2017

Saturday - 8km hilly tempo + 8 x 100m strides

Fingers crossed that I have finally got my health issues sorted (after 6 years)! Today was hopefully the start of better times ahead. I met Barts & Scotty at the formers place in Willoughby for the infamous hilly tempo, albeit only 8km of it. After a short warm-up, we were straight into it. The plan was to simply try and hang on for the 8km (both Scotty and Barts were doing 14km). The kilometer splits were all over the shop due to the undulating nature of the run. The first few kilometers felt quite comfortable, then it was essentially the perfect tempo pace for me for that duration - 'comfortably hard.' Actually, I was quite glad when approaching the final kilometer, as it was starting to get slightly beyond that. 3:25/6's (Strava/Garmin) for the 8km, so quite happy with that. I took an easy jog back to Barts' and ended up back there as the two of them had just finished their 14km. Did some strides, but at a much more relaxed pace compared to Tuesday. Another short cool-down for about 17-18km all up. I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens over the next few weeks in terms of running performance, I'm really optimistic that I have turned a corner now. City2Surf is probably too close to expect anything beyond average for this year, but I'd like to give the Blackmores Half Marathon a crack, and perhaps even Burnie 10 if all goes to plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment