Thursday 27 July 2017

Thursday - not quite ready yet

The good news is that I woke up this morning feeling a million times better (objectively confirmed by measuring my HRV). The not so good news is that I still wasn't ready for a hard hit out today. Nevermind. The plan was a twenty minute threshold followed by some 400's and 200's. I met Barts, Scotty and Quentin at the Overseas Passenger Terminal for a 12:30pm start. It quickly became evident that I should have taken an easy day. Got to Barangaroo and that was it. Held on for just under 10 minutes before stopping and walking back to my car at Neutral Bay. The positives are that after seeing the Sports Doctor yesterday, I've identified a few issues that I can start working on (which I already have). I'll take another full day of rest tomorrow and try something short and sharp on Saturday morning locally (I think trying to do a 14km hilly tempo with Scotty and Barts is simply asking for trouble). Nevertheless, if Saturday goes well, I'd love to join them once again for a long run on Sunday. So despite today's setback, I'm actually very optimistic that I have turned a page and I can now look forward to some better times ahead. I'll happily reveal what the changes are if (and when) they work!

No comments:

Post a Comment