Saturday 22 July 2017

Saturday hills - 3 x (3' up, 4' float, 1' up, 2' float)

Very happy to be back out there and doing a session today! A very early start, meeting Scott outside his place at 6am for a 5km warm-up to Tunks Park where we meet Barts to run the same hills session as two weeks earlier. The rest and yesterday's massage probably contributed to my monster first rep, where I made it far further than I ever had for a 3-minute effort - and actually out in front! I was solid for the first 1 minuter as well. I kind of paid for this though. Managed to hold on and finish in between Scott and Barts for the second three minute hill. Then I was in survival mode for the final set. The middle minute of the long hill is torture (and even that is an understatement). This broke me, and it was a simple matter of going through the motions to reach the top. But I didn't give up, and made it! All up, quite a bit faster than two weeks earlier, with 7.64km (vs. 7.4km) at 3:57's (vs. 4:04's). I definitely dig deeper today, and could really feel it on the extended 8.77km cool-down via Barts' place. Just over 21km all up, so a solid morning of training. It would have been interesting to wear a heart rate monitor this morning, as I reckon I would have set a new PB on that second and third long hill rep this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment