Tuesday 18 July 2017

Tuesday - 5 x 1km (off 60")

I woke up this morning not feeling 100%. Probably should have kept to the original plan of a proper recovery week. Of course my stubbornness didn't allow this, so I went along to the 1km reps session at Barangaroo. Scotty, Barts, Quentin and Andy were there, and the plan was for 8 reps at just faster than 10km pace. In all honesty, I felt fine for the first three. Even for most of the fourth rep I was going strong. Then all of a sudden I was complete full of 'lactate' without any warning. Did a fifth rep to ensure that it wasn't just in my head. It wasn't, so I decided that was enough for today. E pace for the first four was strong, ranging from 3:05-09's. Number five was 3:18. I hate pulling the pin during the session, but I have to realise when my body says 'enough is enough.' With a warm-up and cool-down it was just over 15km all up. I'll keep the next few days very light and easy, hopefully ready to start back up again on Saturday. I'll just absorb the last three weeks worth of hard work and bounce back stronger!

No comments:

Post a Comment